In the first place, I found Antonio Jaramillo to be a very interesting person who has overcome much difficulty in his life. And, in a word, he is HOT! I cannot wait to see what he does in the future!
Antonio Jaramillo – Michael “Riz” Ariza
Where it all began
Second, Antonio Jaramillo was born on the 24th day of August in Tijuana, Mexico, though details of his parents remain a mystery to the public. In addition, Antonio is said to have had a difficult childhood, as he lived at an orphanage in his early years. Uniquely, at age 14 he took a leap of faith and moved to the city of San Diego CA, where he he worked and attended school. He was interested in music, art and acting since his early years.
As has been noted, Antonio Jaramillo has always had a passion and interest in the arts, especially music. Equally important, in his mid 20’s he came across the writings of Anton Chekhov, Arthur Miller and Tennessee Williams and ultimately fell in love with their work. In essence, that is when his decision to become an actor was fully realized. In any event, the instant he was introduced to theater his life shifted, and he discovered a passion that would become his life calling.
His Big Break
Additionally, in 2004, while living and working at a restaurant in Orange County, Antonio Jaramillo received an offer from the prestigious Geffen Playhouse to undertake several understudy roles in their production of Richard Greenberg’s Take Me Out. In fact, it was this that prompted him to move to Los Angeles and fully pursue his acting career.
In brief, Antonio Jaramillo’s film credits include La Linea opposite Esai Morales, Danny Trejo, Andy Garcia and Ray Liotta. Not to mention, his film breakout performance came in 2012 when he co-starred in Oliver Stone’s violent crime thriller, alongside Benicio Del Toro, Salma Hayek and Demian Bichir.
To say nothing of his other film credits, including The Hungry Woman, The Da Vinci Treasure and Kill the Dictator. Furthermore, Antonio Jaramillo’s most recent film work was in Knate Lee’s, Cardboard Boxer, in which he co-stars with Thomas Haden Church, Terrence Howard and Boyd Holbrook.
By and large, a proud ensemble member of the prestigious Antaeus Theatre Company, Antonio Jaramillo continues to hone his acting skills and expand his theater studies. Comparatively, his favorite stage moments have been playing the lead role in the west coast premiere of Stephen Adly Guirgis’ dark comedy Our Lady of 121st Street, “Konstantin” in Anton Chekhov’s The Seagull, and “Jacques Casanova” in Tennessee Williams’ Camino Real.
Together with acting, Antonio Jaramillo enjoys music, boxing, playing tennis and spending time with his children. Ordinarily, he gravitates to anything in the arts, including literature, painting and architecture. Overall, having spent many years living in an orphanage, Jaramillo is a strong advocate of charities and programs that help children.
- 2018 Mayans M.C. (TV Series) – Michael ‘Riz’ Ariza
- 2017 Wisdom of the Crowd (TV Series) – Luis Gregorian
- Lucifer (TV Series) – Jerry Blackcrow
- 2016 Notorious (TV Series) – Carlos Mora
- Rosewood (TV Series) – Vladimir Dominguez
- Shades of Blue (TV Series) – Miguel Zepeda
- 2015 Devious Maids (TV Series) – Hector
- CSI: Cyber (TV Series) – Viper75
- 2014 Dallas (TV Series) – Luis
- Gang Related (TV Series) – Beto
- 2013 Arrested Development (TV Series) – Bernardo
- The Mentalist (TV Series) – Emmett Cook
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (TV Series) – Antonio Ficha
- 2012 Burn Notice (TV Series) – Detective Garza
- 2009-2011 Meet the Browns (TV Series) – Jesus Hernandez / Jesus
- 2010 Outlaw (TV Series) – James Reyes
- 2006-2009 Days of Our Lives (TV Series) – Marc / Alberto / dance Director
- 2007 CSI: Miami (TV Series) – Mitch Pena
- 2006 Fashion House (TV Series) – Manny
- 2005 Charmed (TV Series) – Dillon
- Veronica Mars (TV Series) – Waiter
- 2018 Solver – Demien LeBlanc
- 2016 The Wilding (TV Movie) – Carlos Hayes
- Cardboard Boxer – Little Girl’s Uncle
- 2013 Westside (TV Movie) – Tito Valasquez
- Kill the Dictator – Lt. Andujar
- 2012 Savages – Jaime
- 2009 Whiskey Neat (Short) – Jerry
- The Line – Raul
- 2007 Passing Through (Short) – El Torrero
- The Hungry Woman – Ricky Melen
- 2006 The Da Vinci Treasure – Bob Griffee
- 2010 Red Dead Redemption (Video Game) – Javier Escuella (voice)
On Mayans, M.C.
As can be seen, Antonio Jaramillo stars as “Michael ‘Riz’ Ariza,” El Secretario of the Mayans M.C., Santo Padre Charter and former leader of a local Mexican MC that was “patched over” by the Mayans. In addition, Riz uses his even-tempered charm to mask his mistrust and lingering resentment. “He looks at what comes in and what goes out, as far as money. As far as numbers goes,” Jaramillo added. “That’s his gig.” In summary, Riz is a Santo Padre local whose broken upbringing on the border made him well equipped to navigate the outlaw world with diplomacy and cunning. Generally speaking, Riz loves his hair as much as his motorcycle.
Hence, Riz (played by American actor Antonio Jaramillo) is a “full patch” member of the Mayans, M.C. a spinoff of the FX original series Sons of Anarchy. In conclusion, Riz makes his debut in the series’ premiere episode, “Perro/Oc.”